Guide to preparing your home for our photographer
- Clean your home, paying special attention to the kitchen and bathroom – make the taps shine!
- Clear away the clutter – if you’re serious about moving then you’ll need to pack to move, start now and clear out the things you really don’t want to keep.
- Tidy the garden and bring in any washing.
- We don’t always photograph every room, so move things into a utility room or storage cupboard to maximise the space on view.
- Clear the tops of wardrobes and under the beds – if your home looks like you can’t fit in it any more, it’ll put off buyers.
- Bathrooms – put all bottles, sponges and cloths in a bag in the bath.
- Kitchens – tidy the surfaces, put all food, packets, washing up etc away.
- Put your bins away.
- Be ready to move your car off the drive.
Guide to preparing your home for viewings
Try and remember what the property was like when you first saw it – what things attracted you and what things did you notice that needed changing or taking care of?
Make sure the front entrance is clear, clean and welcoming – if you usually have a shoe rack with shoes on, put them away and out of sight.
Ask a friend or neighbour to look after your pets and small children. This is a good idea so they don’t get stressed particularly if you are having an Open Day with lots of viewings in a short period of time.
Clear away as many personal items and start sorting through your belongings – throw away the things you don’t need or take them to a charity shop. You want prospective buyers to be able to imagine their furniture and belonging in your home.
Make sure everywhere is clean and tidy but pay particular attention to the bathroom and kitchen.